Saturday, February 28, 2009

Just a lil update

I know you think I've fallen off the face of the earth. nah. just real busy. Here's my last month or so in a nutshell:

a quiz and 2 tests in A&P 1. Still pulling a 100 average. Whoohoo. My cousin Elizabeth ( a nurse ) says enjoy it while I can. That there will come a day when I will pray for a passing grade.

We bought a house. Forecloseure in Springville, 4 bedrooms, 1 bath; hardwood floors and crown moulding throughout. The house came to us for a song--quite literally. I am almost embarrassed at the thought of telling you how cheap it really was. You wouldn't believe me anyway. Let's just say it was CHEE-EAP.

We close on the house 3/13. Uh, Friday the 13th. I'm not superstitious. Only a little stitious.

We are ready to get settled in Springville and get going with this whole church plant thing.

I am very sad about leaving my little trailer in Odenville. Crissy told me we've lived there almost as long as they did. Oh dear...I know am going to cry when we move for real. Thank God we are only moving 8 miles away.

The house needs some work that my dad plans to help with: the kitchen is completely stripped and we have a laundry room to convert into a bathroom. We have a lot to do during spring break.

I need to catch up on LOST and the Office. Love me some LOST and Office drama.

I want to read Twilight again. And I need to let Karen borrow it too. Ugh, JoAnna, I need my book back! :o)

The church celebrated its 25th birthday with a huge 3-day party. It was a blast. And Kim and I got to sing again--so much fun!

We went to eat at the Cunningham's last weekend. It is so funny that I first met Karen at SEBC--she was my admissions' rep. Now we are in the same life stage and live only a couple miles apart.

My brother had a wreck last weekend on the way to work. I was so scared when I first read the text from my sister; something like: "Phil's been in a wreck. We are at UAB ER now. He is ok, but smashed face" Oh dear. He went off the road and overcorrected, losing control of the truck, and drove up on a bank and flipped the truck. Broke his nose and smashed his face, but he really was ok. Just looked awful. Thank God.

Did something I've never done before--sang karaoke with my brother (the same brother)Thursday night. Wow, that was fun. We sang "Bring me to life" by Evanescence, and then I sang "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson. As a karaoke connossieur (sp?), he said I did well and made him proud.

Memorizing bones is hard work. You think there are only 206 bones in the human body and everything's good right? uh, no. Every bone has an average of 10 places on it, and each one has its own name. And the skull alone has dozens of microscopic holes, depressions, and extensions....I think there were probably about 50 different things to name on the skull alone.

But I love to learn! It is a fun class and I am looking forward to more. Except for math.

I went yesterday to see my cousin's newborn twins (cousin mentioned above). Matthew and Isabella. They are sweet babies. I am happy for her, she's waited 12 years to have children.

Ugh. Hadn't checked email and FB in over a week. 143 emails. Mostly trash, but a couple of important ones. My friend Alison from CA is coming to visit at some point, but between my busyness and hers, we may have to put it off til May. That's ok, I really want her to come after we've gotten the new house ready.

I will post pics of the house as soon as I can. I am so not good with a camera. I am one of those people who doesn't like to take pics at an event because I find it bothersome and it takes away from the enjoyment of the event. Strange, I know.

Hung out with my sister today too. She is missing her husband, who is in the Marines and in school right now in North Carolina. pray for her when you think about it. She and I went to judge a music festival this morning, then had Chick fil A. Good times.

Sat and ate pizza and watched Shrek 1 with my kids last night. We haven't done that in I don't know how long, and it was fun.

Oh well, guess I better get up and get the kids ready for bed/church tomorrow. I have nursery.
'night.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, your book will be waiting for you on the edge of the desk tomorrow if you drop the boys off. Love you!

Missy said...

Good to see you blog again.
We should go do Kareoke one night! That would be so fun. I've always wanted to sing an evervesence song. I LOVE her voice, its so mysetrious.

See ya today!

Anne Marie W. said...

Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on the house. That's great. It will be fun fixing it up and making it yours. Sorry to hear about your brother's accident but glad his is ok. Keep studying and good luck with everything!

Anonymous said...

it was nice to see you at missys. i know you are very busy. trisha had told me you guys bought a house. i am excited for you! good luck with everything!