Friday, February 24, 2006

My silly, wonderful kids...





These are my boys at their finest...they're the sweetest, most exasperating, crankiest, loving, funny, silly, hilarious kids in the whole world and I wouldn't trade them for anything. This is a couple of days ago while they were just being kids. One day about a month ago, Steven was quoting Monsters Inc and I realized how smart he was, so I started working with them to memorize some Scripture. We are working on Psalm 8 right now, because it has lots of word pics in it: "fish of the sea, birds of the air, children and babies", etc. In four weeks, they've memorized the first 2 verses. I am glad to get the opportunity to teach them early...I remember all the Scripture I memorized as a kid, but now that I'm an adult, it is SO hard to memorize stuff! But what I do have memorized from my childhood is never going away. Thank the Lord I have some Scripture committed to memory--but not enough! "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up." (Deut. 11:18-19)

4 comments:

Jawan said...

I love seeing pictures! I am just starting to use Franklin Graham's scripture memory ABC card with my oldest and I love it! Keep posting!

Mike said...

Amber....tell Frank that Alabama isn't the same without ya'll in it. (hint, hint) See you soon I hope.

Crissy said...

I am convicted. I don't teach my kids enough scripture. We've been working on the catechism too much.

Anonymous said...

all i gotta say is one thing:

"Abub da Hebens!"