Saturday, March 04, 2006

Ad for Boudreaux's

I was reading Crissy's post from the other day, about her kids coming up with "Alternative uses for Everyday Foods". I thought the month old milk in the sippy cup was esp. true; and really found the $6 bottle of virgin olive oil quite painful. I even laughed my socks off at the ice cream sandwich paint, while thinking to myself: "thank God my kids haven't done anything that crazy, cuz I would sure be ticked off...oh well, happened to Crissy, heehee."

Well that thought has seriously come to bite me in the butt. almost literally. Ok, let me just say 'boudreaux's butt paste'. !!!! :oO uh oh.

Wellllllll, let me share--this is how it happened: Night before last, kids were REALLY cranky, and so were we (poor kids), so we decided to put them to bed early--YIPEE!! Bad move. 1 hour later, Frank walks down the hall to check on them cuz everything had gotten really quiet...come to find out, they'd gotten into the hall cabinet and opened the butt paste and smeared it all over everything. The ENTIRE 16 oz. cannister. Oops. Now, for those of you who don't know what butt paste is, it has the consistency of car wax. and that was the only way we got it off--half a roll of paper towels, with the classic "wax on, wax off". Shoot, I think it took me 30 minutes just to get the goop off the cabinets, and shelves; and I still haven't got it out of the carpet. The stuff is great on chapped bottoms cuz it's so oily--if any of you readers happen to know how to get it out of carpet, please let me know.
I guess it'll teach me not to laugh at my dear friend's misfortune...

I should've taken pics to prove how bad it was. And just moments ago, I discovered boudreaux hand prints all over the closet walls. Beautiful. *note to self* I love my life. :o)

5 comments:

Crissy said...

ha haha ha ha ha (sung in a sing-song voice)glad you thought of me in your moment of pain!

Anonymous said...

Ew! I'm definitely not laughing since I'm about to have a little guy myself, and...*that word that mom would never let me say* paste is on my registry.

Jawan said...

I just finished pasting my own child's butt with some Boudreaux's just before reading your post.

Anonymous said...

Amber, that is too funny - I guess because it wasn't my kids! Katie is starting to want to take off her clothes and diaper so I may similar stories soon...
Love,
Tessa

Anonymous said...

just remember how cute they are when they say things like: "Abub the Hebens!"