Sunday, December 31, 2006

Birthdays

Today is Steven's 3rd birthday. Because Frankie's b'day is on Monday, we had a kid party--a first for me. It was successful, thank goodness. (I was a little nervous, having no one to invite but friends we've made here--man, where are good 'ol AL family and friends when you really need them?!) I kept it small on purpose so as not to be too overwhelming or out of control, and we did a CARS theme. It gave me a good chance to get to know the family of one of Frankie's classmates. It was actually a lot of fun! They just played for awhile and then we did pizza, presents, and of course, cake and ice cream. It's strange to think that this time next year, we will most likely be at home celebrating with family and friends, and our time here will feel like it was a dream. But Frankie and Steven are making friends here that they will miss when we go back home. E'en so, I'm ready to see everyone soon! Also hard to believe that one more semester and Frank will be done. So, see you in six months!

3 comments:

Abbey said...

Hey, girl! I found you on Kim's blog. I didn't realize this was actually you. How did ya'll end up in california?? Good to catch up with you, if reading your blog is considered catching up! Hope you're doing well...Abbey

Kim said...

We will be partying when you come home! Partee...miss you! I loved the jewelry that you made. It is beautiful!

Crissy said...

I so wish that I was financially able to just fly out and spend a day or two with you. I miss you. Call me when you get a chance.