Thursday, June 12, 2008

Closure

Well, I have good news and bad news no matter how you look at it. I got an email from Disney and didn't get the job. But, they kindly let me know that I am still on the list, hehe. Good news b/c we don't have to leave, yippee! Bad news, b/c we don't get to leave, boohoo.

Seriously though, it is God's will, and I am glad. Steven cried. He was so sad we weren't moving to D-land. I wanted to cry a little on the inside, not only because he was so pitifully sincere in his sadness, but b/c I could feel a little of his sadness too, as I realize it is somewhat of a death of a dream. I don't mean that in a fatalistic way....but, you know how it is--every one of us has secret desires, dreams, or goals that would be SO cool to do--usually they consist of worldly ideals or pleasures that are not necessarily good or bad, just not what God has for you at that point in your life. Like, an injury preventing you from playing college ball, or not getting the dream job you thought you'd be so good at, or not getting that perfect house you always wanted, or not going into the type of ministry you'd always imagined you'd be so good at. So, yes I am slightly disappointed as I come to realize that it may never happen--I may never get paid to sing professionally (aside from teaching voice lessons, that is). But I can still work in AL, pay off debt, live my life and most importantly, share the gospel where I am right now. And know that I am in the palm of his hand.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Great outlook Amber!
You describe disappointment and anticipation beautifully.
I'm sorry you didn't get the job.
Disney just doesn't know what they are missing!

Kim said...

I was JUST thinking about that yesterday, for the first time since we moved here. I must be psychic. Or something.

I'm relieved and disappointed for you.

Your gardening post made me laugh out loud and made me remember that I hate gardening. When we first moved into the Roebuck house I pulled out all the Dafodils because they didn't have blooms and I assumed they were weeds. Oops.

Anonymous said...

As happy as I am that you are not going to haul my grandbabies off to the wild blue yonder again, I am sad for you that it didn't happen. I know what it is to have a dream and not see it realized, but at the same time, I can't help but think that God can see things that we can't, and we have to trust in Him that maybe this wasn't the best timing. You never know what the future might hold though. Keep the faith! Love,Mom