Monday, July 07, 2008

Good Times

Remarks heard between my child and the pastor today at Camp Cornerstone:

Set-up: John W. had asked Burt how to get to heaven. From what I could tell, Burt was explaining to all the 4-year-olds how Jesus died on the cross to pay the penalty for our sin. To which my son piped up and said loftily, "Oh I've already seen that movie." And Burt, without missing a beat, replied, "Well there was a book first."

Guess I might better get that one for him from the library huh? chuckle, chuckle.

I love Camp Cornerstone.

This is my first experience with it. I am helping Kim P. with the food. It is very fun to do the food. I think our job is the best. Here are my reasons why:

1. Elizabeth comes to see us and brings us funny email print-outs to make us laugh.

2. We get to see and talk to everyone.

3. Kim is so good at organizing. She has me, Mary Gill, Melody, and Tanner running around getting it all done--and she makes it fun!

4. We get to hang out with Mary Gill. She is cool.

5. We got to choose the food for the kids.

6. We got to choose the food for the teachers and helpers--even better.

7. We get to man the teacher table, and run off hungry teenage guys who like to eat too much. All the brownies got gone in the first hour.

8. We get to see all the kids play the games at game time, and we get to hear them all sing at opening assembly and closing assembly.

9. We get to eat.

10. We get to serve.

I love my job.

And for those of you who might be interested in the food job for next year--too late, Kim and I have already put in the bid--we get first dibs, hehe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had fun hangin with you gals. mary is an amazing woman, i've just recently gotten to know her through our tuesday night bible study. thanks for making sure this preggo had plenty to eat too!

Crissy said...

I love Camp Cornerstone. I got to share the gospel with 2 boys in my group today! Nothing could be better than that. Not even brownies... and that's saying a lot!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

WE ROCK!!!!!

Missy said...

You did have a good job and you did well too!
Thanks for always making sure I had a brownie :)