Thursday, July 24, 2008

Strugglin'

Struggling to see God's hand in my life.

Struggling with my stupid pride and unbelief.

Struggling with trusting Him with the things I don't understand and can't control.


God, I repent of my arrogance, un-righteous indignation, distrust, and selfish need to defend myself. I am completely loved and forgiven in Christ. You delight in me and claim me as a daughter. Demonstrate your perfect love through my horribly imperfect self--whether it be through compassion and/or tough love. Help me to preach the gospel, first to myself, then to those around me. Help me to trust. And Lord, help my unbelief.


I know the Lord is nigh,
And would but cannot pray.

For Satan hears me when I try,
And frights my soul away.

I would but cannot love,
Though I endeavor oft.

The stony heart can ne'er relent,
Til Jesus makes it soft...
Til Jesus makes it soft.

Help my unbelief.
Help my unbelief.
Help my unbelief--my help must come from Thee.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, friend. Seems like many of us are dealing with the same issues this week.

Kim said...

I love that song. It reminds so of where I am most of the time.

Keep singing it...

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i love you, dear friend. and i am praying for you today more than ever.

Michelle said...

I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. You may not even remember me but I remember you :) Anyway, I love this song too. A friend of mine once said it's "a song you can sing and mean it everytime." And I do.