Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Stuff I keep meaning to tell you

Don't have a lot of time, but there's things I've been meaning to share...

Got my phone fixed finally, thank you Jesus. I'd spilled bubbles on it from the boys' birthday party and the battery was damaged. Then we got a new battery and realized that the little port where you plug the battery charger in was messed up too. bummer. and my new phone too. Pink Razr and all. So my mom sent an old loaner phone so we could switch the sim card, and Frank found a desk charger/battery set on ebay. So you can finally call me now. yey!

Frankie lost his 2nd tooth yesterday. He cried at school b/c he thought it had come out while he was on the playground, and he looked for it in the grass but couldn't find it. He was sad b/c somehow he found out about this thing called the tooth fairy who would give him money if he put the tooth under his pillow...don't know where he got that one...
Anyway. He was getting a drink from his water bottle at home that afternoon and found a piece of "ice" in his bottle--yup, it was his tooth!!! Bless his heart, he has been on cloud nine ever since with that new tooth.
(I say it's his 2nd tooth, as he'd had some trauma to one of his top front teeth-subsequently the nerve died and the tooth was pulled about a year ago. so it doesn't count.)

Well I'm finally legal in the state of California. Have put off getting my driver's license switched over for several reasons: 1. My AL license was still active 2. I like my picture and my weight on my AL license 3. Just too darn scared to take a leap of faith in a foreign world and go take the test, ugh.
Unfortunately my AL DL expired and I was forced to go. Of course to drive w/o a current license anywhere is bad, but esp bad here b/c there are so many bad drivers and just too many drivers period. You can be the best driver in the world--but it's the other drivers you have to worry about. So, after about 2 weeks of being driven around, I finally went and took the test and got my CA license. The picture turned out pretty good. I look older--more like a mother I guess. In my AL pic I was skinnier and looked like a little kid. So I guess I like the CA pic better. But the weight--well...
Hopefully it won't be that way for too much longer.

Something funny that Frankie came up with: when he was little, like maybe 2 or 3, he looked at Frank one day and said, "Daddy, you're my Special!". He has always called birthdays, "special day", like instead of "someone's birthday", it's "someone's special day". And everytime we eat a dessert or snack or get gifts out of the ordinary, he always calls it a special. It's just a cute something he came up with that I don't want to forget, and thought you would enjoy.

Ok, if I think of anything else, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Amber -- Just wanted you to know I've enjoyed keeping up with you via your blog. Can't believe you and Frank have been married 8 years. And Frankie us losing teeth! I'm getting SO OLD! I'll look forward to seeing you at Crissy's on Friday sometimes when you get back to Alabamy! -- Laura Morgan

Crissy said...

Love this post very much!