Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Update #2

Ok, finally got THE call. Out of only 2 demos (mine being one of them) sent over, Tokyo chose the other girl. Sigh. Well, I'm actually not too disappointed. The guy called me Tuesday night late and broke it to me, but then was very complimentary. So much in fact, that he acted very sorry that they didn't choose me, and wanted to know if I was ok with his sending my demo to Disney World in Orlando, b/c he felt that I might be a good fit there. He told me I had a "perfect Disney princess voice" and he would really like to see me work for Disney. Um yeah, I think I'd be ok with that!!! I was actually rather relieved--he also told me that normally they give singers 5 months to prepare, like getting work visa and passport, and the only reason that there was a 6-week time crunch is that the original girl had dropped out. He said that it would have been very hard to get all the arrangements for me and my family to get over there in such a short amount of time. I know that with God all things are possible, but apparently this is not what He has in mind right now. And I am totally ok with that. My dad summed it up nicely: "Good. I can drive to Orlando. "

So, I am not holding my breath per se, but will just keep on living life and wait and see if they call. Oh yeah, and Billy Blanks and I will be getting together every day, believe me!

9 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so glad you had this very cool opportunity. Orlando would be cool. And maybe we could come see you there when we came for a visit to see my family.

Missy said...

I could totally see you as a Disney Princess! Then we would have to go to DW.
I'm sorry you didn't get the job in Tokyo. Isn't great to know that God is in control and not us!
Have fun with Billy. Michelle and I used to do that and I am just an uncoordinated Freek!

Dollar General said...

Anna would die to meet a REAL DISNEY PRINCESS! Could you do Birthday Parties when you come home? HA! I think you would be perfect too! You have such a sweet beautiful face and that voice! I have no doubts you could make it big with Disney! What fun it would be to dress up as a Princess and sing as a job! Sounds a bit Fairytaleish! Can't wait to hear how it all pans out!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome experience though, to say you've been there and done that. I still think God has incredible things in store for your beautiful singing voice. It will be fun to watch it unfold. I know Billy Blanks well too. He and I "got together" everyday while I was in college. It's a tough work out but it does work. Good luck! I'm going to go out on a selfish limb and say that I'm glad you aren't moving to Japan because I would miss you! But I also think you would make a great Disney princess. My 5 year old neice Tess would love it!

Anonymous said...

Great head shot you've added to the blog. And I agree with the sentiment that packing up in six weeks would be insane. I went to college with some Disney princesses and if you get to do that in Orlando, you will make lots of kids smile. So, you are still in Into the Woods, right?

Amber said...

Thanks, Cuz! Yes, I am still in "Into the Woods" and very happy about that. I was trying to prepare myself for having to drop out, and it was going to be a bummer. But not anymore! I would definitely be interested in being a Disney princess--but I hope I can finish "Into the Woods" first.

Abbey said...

You would definitely make a great Disney princess.
Funny story though to look out for.... My friend Kristen just got back from DW and they had attended a tea with all the princesses. Every picture they have is their kids next to beautiful princesses with lots of cleavage spilling out over their beautiful gowns! They had to bend down so far to be at the kids level, that the pictures ended up more than G rated. So.... word to the wise... if you go to Orlando, always squat... no bending forward!

So funny!!

James Yoon said...

Don't worry Amber, God will use the talent He's given you in a big way.

i dig musicians said...

Hey! Glad I ran into you guys at the Wal-Mart the other night!

Any-who... Thought I'd drop you a note on your blogger.

~Ali