Monday, May 29, 2006

God Bless America


And God bless our armed forces.

The one I want to spend some time on now is the father of my almost-here nephew, and my brother-in-law, Justin. Justin and Tracy were married on Labor Day weekend last year, and now she is expecting their first baby. And he is serving in Iraq. Please stop and say a prayer for him:

for his safety,
for his sanity,
for his testimony,
for his Christian witness,
for his wife,
for his child,
for his protection,
and for God to bless him.

I heard "God Bless America" and "The Star-Spangled Banner" today at the Angels Baseball game, and was struck with the thought that I am able to go to a baseball game b/c my brother-in-law and his compatriots are keeping us safe and free.

Justin, we love and miss you! Come home soon and know that we are praying for you and Trace. love, Amber

God Bless America.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post Amber! I don't think there is anything else to add. Won't it be great when all of these wonderful people get to come home and stuggle with decisions like whether or not to homeschool.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

I will be praying for them. I know how stressful it was when Scott was over there.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I've been so busy praying and being pregnant and stuff that I didn't even get to read this post till way after the fact. But, I wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who prayed along with us and for us. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!