Wednesday, May 21, 2008

couple more things

K, now that I've got all that huge important stuff off my chest, so to speak, here's all my random stuff I wanted to say.

Went up to Crissy's while they are gone and raided their movie closet. Haha. thanks Crissy. I am now immersed in the 6-hour mini-series of Pride and Prejudice. I knew it was good b/c she said it was, but I mean it is SO good!! I am glad they took 6 hours to get in all the details and everything. I just reached the end of the first disc, and am trying to make myself wait til I get on the treadmill again, since that was the idea in the first place--to watch it while walking on the treadmill. Sigh. I know how it ends, but it's killing me how Mr. Darcy declares his admiration for Lizzy--against his better judgement no less, but never says anything about love. And Lizzy's indignation and rage is very palpable. I am feeling it right along with her. It will be so delicious to watch the last half. but alas, lunch is waiting to be cooked, a unit study is waiting to be studied and a piano is desperately calling to be moved. And I would never put my husband through the agony of watching it with me tonight. sigh....so I probably won't get to it till tomorrow, agh. Ok, trying not to think about it.

We have been needing to catch up on LOST. Thank goodness for internet and missed episodes posted on ABC. We'd just gotten too busy to watch it, but now we only have 2 episodes left til the finale.

We got two little kitties. My mom's cat had a litter, and Crissy and I'd been talking bout getting a another cat, as Bert d' cat is gettin' old. Although he did get me a dead chipmunk for mother's day, laid it right in front of the porch steps. We are only supposed to have one, but I couldn't decide, so took both, and will let the Sharp kids decide. They are so fun, and have been entertaining my children since the Sharps are not here to entertain them. I predict that there will be twice as much fun to be had when the Sharps get home! Anyway, I am *hoping* that Crissy will say we can keep both, b/c wouldn't they be lonely without each other? but, if not, we are in the market to get rid of one of them....hint hint. One is all white and the other is a striped tabby. They've already been named Baby and Stripey. Let me know if anyone in the blog world is looking for a fun, potty-trained play mate.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amber! You're back in the bloggin world. Well, you've been back but where have I been, right? We have 3cats here, that is 3 too many for me! And I'm a cat person,always have been, but taking care of children and cats is lots of work. I can't imagine what they'll think when baby number two gets here. Yikes!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

wish scott was a cat person!!!

Amber said...

I wish Scot was a cat person too, cuz these are some cuties. Maybe Brendan needs a sweet little white kitten instead of a guinea pig...she is potty trained....