Sunday, May 04, 2008

Orlando update

The audition went well. I made it through all the cuts. There were about 80 people to start with, and there were maybe 12 or 15 left at the end. It almost felt like American Idol or something...They just kept cutting people throughout the audition until there were only a faithful few left. The suspense was terrible every time the directors would come out of their little discussion room to let us know who would be staying. After singing an initial solo so they could get a feel for individual sound, the audition mainly consisted of group singing (naturally). The music was glorious--we had to learn an 8-part arrangement of "Oh Shenandoah". It was very fun to sing with so many talented singers. AND! I never got cut!! Yippee!!! There were 2 other soprano 1's left besides me, so maybe I have a 1 in 3 chance? But then one of the girls told me that Disney will now negotiate contracts with their current cast to see who they're losing, and then fill in the empty spots from the audition pool. hmmmm. So it might be a long shot if they don't lose any sopranos. Oh well, it was a very fun experience, and the trip was great too. So I will be glad either way. I won't know til the middle of June, so I'll keep you posted...

4 comments:

Missy said...

You amaze me! Keep it up :)

Anonymous said...

My family saw the singing group you tried out for when we were there 2 weeks ago. Rachel told me later.."that would be Naomi's dream job"! It would be so much fun (or at least it LOOKS fun!) But it's all in God's hands, right? :) Did you get a chance to give AMBER ROYS a call? Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, anonymous would be me.......NAOMI

Virginia said...

Hey girl! It was good to catch up with you on Sunday! My email is 2blackflipflops@gmail.com if you ever want to drop me a line! :)