Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sad News

Just wanted to let you know that we received some sad news today. We went for our ultrasound appt and found that the baby is no longer viable, and has been gone since 16 1/2 weeks, even though my dates say 19 weeks. The doctors are not sure what the problem was, only that it was probably not genetic, but an issue with the umbilical cord being tangled or knotted. Needless to say, we are grieving pretty hard; also, we were not able to tell the gender, which I was personally sad about as well. I go in for surgery Thursday morning. I would appreciate your prayers. Thanks. Love you all.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you all the time, sweetie. I just read your facebook today. Love you bunches.

Dollar General said...

I'm am praying for you now! My heart weighs heavy for you!

Paige M said...

We love you! You and your family are in our prayers!

Anne Marie W. said...

Amber, I am so sorry to hear this. My heart aches at this news. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you. We will be praying for you and your family. We love you!

Les said...

Oh Amber I am so sorry. I am thinking of you and praying...

Anonymous said...

Amber - I'm so sorry. It's just very heart breaking. I am praying for you. Please let me know if there's anything I can do.

Carole Heaven said...

Mom loves you.

Jawan said...

Oh, Amber. Praying for you and the family today.

Marsha said...

Dear One, I want you to know I am weeping still today over your loss. (Missy told me Tuesday.)

I pray your procedure went well today and you are able to get some rest.

Someday, you will hold this precious little one in heaven. This doesn't remove the heartache you feel now, I know, but may it bring you solace and hope.

Psalm 34:18 - "The LORD is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit."
Psalm 36:7 - "The children of men take refuge in the shadow of Thy wings."

I'm praying for you.
Marsha Harwood (Missy's Mom)