Sunday, December 14, 2008

Return to the Land of the Living

Ok, I'm back. (Cousin Kevin, this is for you). And for all the people who've posted a link to my blog on their blogs. I kinda owe them, you know? Plus it's just time.

Lot going on. Most of which is: I am NOT SICK ANYMORE, YIPPEEEEEE. Part of my haitus from blogging is that I have been pregnancy sick. but no more--going on 19 weeks now and feeling pretty good. We find out gender on Tuesday 9 a.m. I will post on blog and FB as soon as I can get to a computer and the internet. Just so you know, I am predicting a boy based solely on the heartbeat. No, not because it is a specific rate unto itself, but because it matches the heartrates of my other 2 boys. This one is 156/minute and the other 2 were in the 150's. But I guess we'll know for sure on Tuesday. We already have the names picked out; one or the other, but I'll share after we know. Due date is May 12, but I also predict that I won't make it to that date. My experience with labor is that it gets faster each time. With the first it lasted 8 hours, the 2nd was 4 hours....so....if we stay on the present course, does that mean the next labor will be 2 hours? I would like to think so, except please let me make it to the hospital in time for some pain meds. My kids also come about 10 days early. I never make it to 40 weeks. We'll see.

Been working a lot. I have a great job teaching voice and piano. If I have to work, I'd rather do that than anything else in the world. It is draining, yet energizing at the same time. I come home tired, and some days are better than others, but it is what I am made to do. I'm also doing a p/t data entry job where I drive around the greater Birmingham area, collect building permit information from all the city halls (13 in all) and data enter the information, which is then compiled into a report, and the report is sold to companies like Home Depot and Lowes. Then these companies can know how to market to their target areas. Pretty interesting. But another reason to keep me from the internet world. I added it up, and between the 2 jobs, I am working 40-45 hours/week. But it is work I enjoy, so it's not so bad.

Recently set up a facebook account. Wow. how addictive is that. But, a lot of fun!

Got LOTS to do during Christmas break. It's my last free 2 weeks before the baby comes as I want to teach until about 2 weeks before the due date....which means at that point I could come anytime. But Kim and Crissy are going to come over and help me get it done. thank God for friends who help pregnant friends get their lists accomplished! if you are reading this and are in the area and aren't doing anything Monday the 22nd, feel free to come on over...

Frank is working as a patient care assistant at St Vincent's East (aka Medical Center East). It is interesting. I think he likes the job ok, but it can be stressful. It's weird to have a 7 on/7 off schedule. He works the night shift, so on his "on" week, he pretty much works and sleeps. But on his off week, he basically has a week off. Pretty neat, although I think he's going to look for some p/t work to bring in a little extra $$.

We joined Community Pres a few weeks ago. Yey! Finally. Just took us a little while to work thru the doctrine, as neither one of us were raised with reformed theology. But after 16 months of attending the church, along with Bible studies and sunday school, we really believe this is where God wants us to be. And I LOVE the church family. None of us are perfect, but they really come alongside us and encourage us in our growth. Now we are wanting to help with a church plant in Springville, which is where Frank and I would like to one day live. (after student debt is paid off, of course.)

ok there's prob a lot more catch up to do, but it's not going to happen tonight. Going to bed now....

1 comment:

Carole Heaven said...

Welcome back! L/M